I found this draft post amongst all my other posts and it turns out I never published it! Let’s see if I’ve accomplished any of the goals I made for myself in March!
I’ve been making plans and goals for myself for as long as I can remember, but I’ve decided that it’s much more productive to put them out in the open. That way, I’ll be more accountable and I can also review successes and failures at the end of the month. Writing them down also really helps to give them structure and cement what it is I actually want to accomplish. So here are my goals and plans for March 2013 separated into categories.
1. Get up to 75 subscribers on my channel by creating more content that my target audience will want to see. I should also try to increase people’s awareness of my channel…not sure how yet.
March turned out to be an amazing month for my YouTube channel. I had a video be accepted as a video response on a very popular beauty guru’s channel and my subscriber base took off. By the end of the month I had 170 subscribers.
2. Film Spring Break vlogs when I’m in Virginia with Alex.
I posted just one vlog about my Virginia trip with Alex. You can watch it here.
3. Film Chicago Weekend vlog/s.
We never ended up going to Chicago…and we still haven’t found the time to get out there!
4. Change my thumbnail photo and background photo to create a better “brand” from my channel.
Although I haven’t gotten a new thumbnail photo the brand for my channel is completely done and I absolutely love it!
1. Write in my journal every day to de-stress and get my thoughts out.
This was the hardest goal I set for myself. I think I wrote maybe half of the days of the month. Still, not bad!
2. Hunt for paid internships/jobs.
I found the position with the university during March and was working by the end of the month! Now I have the potential of having a full time position straight out of college!
1. Write at least the first chapter of my senior thesis. Or at least just start it.
Never even wrote the title page…
2. Double check that I can graduate in December. So make sure all the classes I still need to take are available and create a mock schedule to see that they all fit together.